Saturday, April 3, 2010

Continuation of Step 2 - Taking A Financial Retreat

Today is an exciting week for all us since this week is also a week of reflection for the Holy Week. This week is where we look back into our life and evaluate our sins and be reconciled with our Father in heaven.

Although many would consider it as a Roman Catholic tradition but the importance of this day all leads to looking back on how our Father gave His only son Jesus (our savior and brother) so that we can all be save. Out here in the Philippines, specifically in Cebu City, I see Jesus' sacrifice as a sign of love and compassion and that's how we Pinoy's are living it especially on the Holy Week.


Now what does this have to do on our financial planning guide topic - taking a financial retreat?

Well like what we do in the holy week, we go to a special journey. A journey towards understanding ourselves more.

I actually made up these following steps myself through the various books i have read and from listening to audio recordings from Robert Kiyosaki and Robert Allen.

Here are my personal steps in financial planning guide - financial retreat :

1. Set a specific date and make it non-negotiable

When we set our financial retreat, make it always non-negotiable unless someone in the family dies or a tsunami is about to hit California City and another will hit straight to Cebu City. Put it in perspective that it is your special "Me-Time Day". I know not many of you will agree but spending time listening and talking to yourself will definitely change your financial life's path.

2. Look for a place where you can think

In my financial planning guide to all of you, I do not point out a specific area but note that it has to be somewhere that you can be at peace, comfortable and undisturbed. It can be in a prayer room in your house, on your rooftop, in a quite beach (definitely not Boracay on a Holy Week or summer), heck it can even be in your own bathroom. As long as you follow my guide, your financial retreat will be very effective.

In my case, when I take my personal financial retreat, I chose an area that allows me to enjoy nature. Of course I prefer free nature parks rather than expensive hotels but since I am near the mountains of Cebu City, I travel there using my car and take my financial retreat.

3. Prepare yourself and your "equipment"

What I mean to say in preparing yourself is that you have to look forward to your financial retreat and get excited for the amazing results of your day. Also since it is a retreat, start thinking of your financial life now. Do not criticize or evaluate, just be honest to yourself and be aware of how is your financial life currently doing.

My "equipment" on that day is a beautiful notebook and a good pen. I also bring a calculator and a relaxing drink (mostly coffee from BO's Coffee Shop). These equipments are essential to me since I use all these in my retreat. The good thing about having a notebook is you get to go over it anytime since you can bring it anywhere you go. Although I will encode most of the results of my retreat in my laptop, but the feeling of writing it in a notebook gives me a sort of excitement to read those goals everyday.


Well I guess that's it for now, so we can move at a slow pace in doing our financial planning guide retreat.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment